2 years is a long time between trips, but that’s how is been for me. The last time I visited “The Homeland” aka Canada, it was 2 years ago. It’s been long enough to make homesickness a regular occurrence.
That’s all about to change though. Next week I’ll hope on and airplane with my 3 year old son and fly off to colder temperatures and familiar faces.
Some things I’m looking forward to:
1. Reverse culture shock (I’m expecting a lot.
2. Tim Hortons coffee. Although not the best coffee out there it’s as “Canadian” as one can get.
3. Good pizza.
4. Good lasagna.
5. More turkey than I can shake a stick at!
6. Watching my son connect with his family in the Great White North.
7. Much needed rest and relaxation.
8. The snack food section of any supermarket.
9. Buying cooking supplies (herbs and spices).
10. Teaching my son how to play in the snow (something he’s never had the chance to do).
See you in a week Canada!